Leadership Roundtable is honored to inaugurate the Monan Medal of Catholic Philanthropy. The Medal seeks to inspire a culture of giving that promotes excellence in Church management and leadership. We look to recognize outstanding Catholic philanthropists who exemplify the legacy of the former president of Boston College, Fr. J. Donald Monan, SJ.
Fr. Monan, working alongside lay leaders, built the college into one of the nation’s top Catholic institutions of higher education. In a 2000 interview, Fr. Monan humbly credited the turnaround at Boston College to “an extraordinary team of people in the principal positions in the university, and in our board of trustees.” Fr. Monan’s life was a living testimony to how best practices, implemented in collaboration between clergy and laity, can transform a Catholic institution to bring excellence to management and mission.
The Monan Medal Committee invites nominations of Catholic philanthropists who have collaborated with Church leaders to make a significant impact on a parish, diocese, or other Catholic ministry in the area of Church management or leadership. Their impact could be on a regional, national, or international level. A nominee will have made philanthropy to the Catholic Church a key priority in their life and investments. A nominee may be someone located in the United States or abroad.
To nominate a Catholic philanthropist or philanthropist couple that you know, you may either:
- Download this form and mail it to Leadership Roundtable, Attn: Monan Medal Committee, 415 Michigan Ave, SE, Suite 275, Washington, DC 20017.OR
- Email email@example.com and include the following:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number and Email Address
- Your Mailing Address
- Your Relation to the Nominee
- Nominee’s Full Name
- Nominee’s Phone Number or Email Address
- Nominee’s Mailing Address
Please share a paragraph with us in response to each of the following questions:
- How has this individual(s) made a significant contribution to the flourishing of a parish, diocese, Catholic schools, or other Catholic ministry?
- What is unique about this individual(s) story that would inspire other Catholic philanthropists or potential Catholic philanthropists to collaborate with Church leaders to work together towards excellence in mission management?
The deadline has been extended! All submissions must arrive by midnight, Eastern Standard Time, on September 15, 2018.