Living Synodal Leadership is a bold vision. It is how we live out our call to servant leadership and co-responsible decision-making for a healthy, thriving Church. It is actively listening to all voices, to all experiences, and embracing new, creative, and agile ways of leading in a changing world and Church. Synodal leadership employs restorative practices that move us toward healing and unity as the body of Christ. It is a willingness to regularly pause, consider, and answer the call of the Holy Spirit. It involves including those historically excluded from leadership and opening seats for them at decision-making tables. Synodal leadership offers hope, requires courage, and builds trust. It is our mission in action.
Featured speakers will address tangible ways our Church answers the call to heal, strengthen, and unify the body of Christ. Representing a diversity of voices, perspectives, and experiences, they will share how they are living synodal leadership and offer best practices for other leaders. During this Summit, we will explore:
- Journeying Together: Our global call to co-responsibility through communion, participation, and mission
- Our Synodal Roadmap: How a co-responsible culture looks in a parish, in a diocese, and from a bishop’s perspective
- Being One Church: Addressing some of the most challenging divides in our Church and places where parishes or organizations are helping to successfully bridge divides
- The Vital Role of Women’s Leadership in the Church: Highlighting the essential role women serve in the leadership and mission of the Church
- Emerging Models of Leadership and Faith in Practice: How we are living out our faith, building avenues for connection, and transforming leadership culture through restorative practices, service, and community.
“The Catholic Partnership Summit provides a wonderful opportunity to advance our Holy Father’s vision for managerial best practices to better serve God’s people and promote the Gospel. I look forward to welcoming Catholics from across the country for conversation and collaboration to promote good models of management and leadership that will support the local Church in the United States.”
– Archbishop Christophe Pierre, Papal Nuncio
The J. Donald Monan, SJ Distinguished Catholic Philanthropy Medal seeks to inspire a culture of giving that promotes excellence in Church management and leadership. We look to recognize outstanding Catholic philanthropists who exemplify the legacy of the former president of Boston College, Father J. Donald Monan, SJ. His life was a living testimony to how best practices, implemented in collaboration between clergy and laity, can transform a Catholic institution to bring excellence to management and mission.
During the 2022 Catholic Partnership Summit, we will celebrate Catholic philanthropists who have made significant contributions to the Church during the past year with the awarding of the J. Donald Monan, SJ Distinguished Catholic Philanthropy Medal.