The Latino Pastoral Leaders Initiative is a new service of Leadership Roundtable, generously funded by Lilly Endowment Inc. and other donors. The initiative will increase access to critical leadership development and pastoral management trainings, coaching, peer support, and pastoral mentors for Latino/a Catholic pastoral leaders – ordained and lay – as they transition to a new pastoral leadership role.
As part of the initiative, Leadership Roundtable has formed a national Advisory Committee of subject matter experts who will partner with Leadership Roundtable to guide the initiative. Advisory Committee members include:
- Arturo Chavez, Ph.D., President and CEO of the Mexican American Catholic College
- Mar Munoz-Visoso, M.T.S., Executive Director, Secretariat of Cultural Diversity in the Church, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Javier W. Bustamante, M.A., Director of the Center for Cultural Engagement at The Catholic University of America
- Sr. Teresa Maya, CCVI, Congregational Leader, Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word
- Rev. Allan Figueroa Deck, SJ, STD, Ph.D., Distinguished Scholar of Pastoral Theology and Latino Studies, Loyola Marymount University
- Darius A. Villalobos, Director of Multicultural Ministry, National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
Leadership Roundtable is currently conducting a search for a Program Manager to coordinate the initiative. To learn more and apply, visit our jobs page.
To learn more about Leadership Roundtable’s Latino Pastoral Leaders Initiative, contact Michael Brough, Deputy Director of Leadership Roundtable, at 202.635.5820.
To learn more about Lilly Endowment Inc.’s grantees in the Thriving in Ministry initiative, click here.